-Provided by Adam Greenstein | ServPro
There are certain areas of every home that are prone to mold growth. Elements like moisture and darkness create the perfect breeding area for mildew and mold to thrive. While many people think of mold in their kitchen, the bathroom is actually one of the biggest culprits for mold growth in your home. The combination of heat, darkness, moisture, and typically a lack of ventilation means that bathrooms are especially vulnerable to mildew.
Sometimes mold is easy to spot. It can discolor walls or grow on tiles, but in other scenarios, it can be much more difficult to spot. A lingering odor or a slightly discolored ceiling can reveal a major mold problem. Since mold remediation can be quite a headache, the best practice is to avoid mold growth altogether. Preventing mold growth in your bathroom means taking proactive measures to keep your home in the best shape possible.
The following are some great tips for preventing mold growth in your bathroom:
- Use the fan at all times when showering and let it run for at least 30 minutes following a shower. This will keep the bathroom properly ventilated.
- Regularly wash the rugs and curtains in the bathroom.
- Consider purchasing a dehumidifier for the bathroom.
- Use an all-purpose cleaner to regularly clean your bathroom.
- Consistently check the toilet and sink for any leaks.
- Try to keep shower walls dry.
- Keep bathing products outside of the bathroom.
- Let as much light into the bathroom as possible.
- If the bathroom floor gets wet, mop it up as soon as possible.
- Seal all grout lines.
While some of these tips seem obvious, it can be easy to neglect to maintain these important measures. If you do notice any mold growth in your bathroom, it is important to call a professional right away. Our mold remediation team has years of experience in repairing mold damage large and small. Call SERVPRO of East Davie/Cooper City today to learn more. 954-741-4321 or 954-725-6400.